Monday, May 30, 2011

The William Wallace Experience

Hello everyone! Today, I had a great day.  I have really been wanting to visit the William Wallace, so today I decided that I would.  What has kept me from going until now was that 1) I wanted the weather to be really nice and 2) it sits on top of a really large hill.  So, I made the journey there right after lunch today.  It was kind of nice because I could walk there from campus; no bus required.

Here's the William Wallace/


Once I got there, I bought my ticket and started the climb up to the top.  It actually didn't take that me that long to get to the top, but it was a pretty steep climb.  That part was not exactly enjoyable, but I made it and the view was worth it.

The view before heading up.



After catching my breath, I went inside only to realize that everything within the monument is located in chamber type rooms as you walk up the 246 steps to the crown (at the top) of the monument.  Actually, it was laid out pretty nicely.  Just about the time that you got tired, there was some place to go and rest before before heading up to the top.  The first chamber had the William Wallace sword and story, the second room had famous Scots and the third had the story of the construction of the monument.  I was really happy to just finally get to the top.  And the view was definitely worth it.  I choose a good day to go, because the view was beautiful and clear.  I stayed at the top for a really long time.

Here's the William Wallace sword.

The top of the William Wallace.

The Castle

This is campus.

It rained while I was up there.

Once I had caught my breath and enjoyed the view, I head back down and back to campus before going into town to look at duffel bags (to put all of my extra stuff in to bring home).  Then, I came back to campus and had pizza for dinner with Katelin and Grace. Overall, it was a really great day! Tomorrow, we're planning on spending the day exploring the Bridge of Allan area.

1 comment:

  1. William Wallace sword, also known as the brave heart sword, is one of most popular mementos from the medieval period. Lots of information on a lot of subjects that I find interesting. I would like to tweet your blog and will be back again soon.

    ReplyDelete