Friday, May 20, 2011

Out and About in Stirling

Hello everyone!  Today, Lauren and I wandered around Stirling.  This morning we got up and along with my roommate, Grace, went to the Filling Station for breakfast.  It was just as good as I remembered.  I got the bacon, eggs and toast again.  Filling Station is something that I will definitely miss about Stirling.  Then, we headed up the hill to the Holy Rude Church, the graveyard, and the Castle.  We went inside the church, and I actually took pictures this time.

Here is the inside of the church.

It's known for its stained class windows.

Then, we wandered around the graveyard for a while.  We found where John Knox was buried.  He started the Protestant reformation in Scotland.

Here's good old John.

Afterwards we went up to the castle and looked out at the view.  It was a really good day to look out over Stirling.  

Robert the Bruce with Stirling in the background.

After wandering around Stirling it was finally that time...time for my final.  So, we went back to campus and I looked over my lecture notes and slides one last time before venturing to the Sports Center (weird place, I know) for my exam.  I really just have one word to describe the exam experience at Stirling; overwhelming. I went into the Sports Center along with 400 other students (no joke) because there was not one, but two classes in this huge gymnasium.  It was crazy to say the least. Basically there were 400 or so desks all lined up  in this gym and half of the room was for one final and the other for my LEI final.  It was a little too much for me.  It was kind of fun though, because all of the tutors and seminar instructors we had throughout the semester were there.  I had a really nice discussion with Elton before my exam (he told me that he felt like a prison guard walking up and down these rows and not to worry about the exam because I was going to do fine.  I knew I liked Elton).  Then, the exam began.  Let me just say, that I talked to a girl before going into this exam that 1) had been to exactly 2 lectures 2) went to no seminars and 3) hadn't studied.  I felt a little bit better after hearing this.  So, whenever I flipped over the exam paper and read the essay questions (there were 6 and I had to answer 2 of them) and I knew I could confidently answer 5 of them, I was a happy camper.  After getting used to the whole atmosphere my final went good.  I feel really good about it and am happy that it's over with.  Now, I only have 1 more left (and yes, it's going to be my hardest one).

Once I got done with my exam, Lauren, Grace, Katelin, Kristy and I all went into Bridge of Allan to get fish and chips for dinner.  They were delicious of course.  Afterwards, we went to get ice cream.  That was fabulous too.

I figured that I might as well continue my trend of taking pictures and everything I eat.  You can see Kristy doing the same thing in the background.

Then tonight, Lauren and I went on the ghost tour that Katelin, Grace and I took a few weeks ago. This time, we actually got there on time.  The tour was just as good as it was the first time.  This time, I was chosen as the token staff holder (this was Grace's job last time).

Lauren got a good picture of me as the staff holder.

We also got pictures with the guide at the end.

Then, we headed for the bus stop with just enough time to get under the shelter before it started raining.  Tomorrow we're heading to Callander to visit Hamish the Highland Cow.  It's going to be a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment