Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Volcanic Ash

Hello everyone! Today Lauren left Scotland to head back the US.  We got up this morning and headed to the train station where we got some breakfast before getting a train to Edinburgh.  We purposely left early and it was a good thing we did, because our train got in late.  There has been some interesting weather here the past few days so a lot of the trains have been having issues.  But, we eventually made it to Edinburgh and to the airport.

The airport was crazy.  This was probably due to the fact that a lot of flights were cancelled yesterday because of the volcanic ash.  But, everything went off pretty good.  Lauren's flights worked out and everything.  After saying goodbye to Lauren, I headed back to Stirling.  Luckily, I managed to end up on the right train (I saw luckily because they changed my platform 3 times.  There was some damage on one of the train routes and they kept re-routing things.)  Once I got back to Stirling, I headed to Iceland to get some food for dinner and then back to my room to study.  And that is how I have spent most of my day.  I do have some sad news though.  The volcanic ash is supposed to strike the UK again on Friday and is supposed to move over Latvia and just kind of hang out there.  So, Katelin and I had to cancel our trip (We decided that Latvia would be fun for 2 days, not for a month.  Getting back to the US on June 5th would really be a good thing).  We're going to try to find something else to occupy our weekend though. It should be a good time none-the-less.

Tomorrow I have my last final (YAY!). Which means that at 11:00 tomorrow morning (that would be 5am central time in case you want to be excited for me back in the US) I will be officially done with my semester and I can just enjoy the rest of my time in Scotland before starting my summer back at home.  I'm super excited to just get that final over and done with.  I've been studying all day, so hopefully it won't have anything crazy on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment