Monday, May 9, 2011

Is That Thunder?

Hello everyone! Today I had my last class here at good old Stirling.  I had my PMA "revision lecture" (review lecture basically) and I finally got back my essay.  I got  a B! So, I'm very happy.  Especially since that B is now 50% of my grade (with the other 50% being my final exam...oh yes, it's going to be a blast).  It was an ok class.  I basically just learned that I need to study for that final a lot, because it has the potential to be really hard.  But, I guess that's what happens when the exam is 50% of your grade.

Other than class, I just studied today.  And my friend Katelin and I booked our final trip.  We're going to Riga, Latvia.  Why Latvia, you may ask?  Well, actually it's a really cool city and it's really cheap for us.  It's known as the capital of history and culture within the Baltics and is known as the Paris of the North.  It should be a good time.  We don't leave until the 27th, so we have some time until then.

Something amazing happened today; it thundered.  This may sound not so amazing, but Scotland doesn't get thunderstorms.  They're really rare here.  So, when I heard the sound of thunder, I was really excited.  I'm not so much a fan of storms, but you know when it just feels like nature needs a good storm?  Well, it's been like that for a while.  I mean, it seems like it storms every week back home at this time of year.  Unfortunately, it didn't last long.  The sky was blue-ish within 20 minutes.  But the sky really did look crazy for a while.  And I took pictures of it.

Crazy clouds...

These were taken out of kitchen window by the way.

More clouds moving in.

This is the worst I've ever seen the sky look in Scotland.

Then, it was sunny again.  That's Scotland weather for you.

Tomorrow, I just plan on studying.  I'll probably spend some quality time with the library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment