Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Sweet, Sweet Smell of Scotland

Hello everyone! This post is going to be really short.  I am exhausted and ready to go to bed and recover from my epic weekend.  This morning, we got up and made out way back to King's Cross to make our way back to Scotland.  Grace's train left 2 hours before mine and Katelin's, but we me our friend Kristy (one of our IFSA friends) coming out of the Tube.  So, after saying goodbye to Grace, we headed to McDonald's (because there's nothing else by King's Cross) for breakfast.

Then, we wandered around St. Pancreas (Pancras) for a while.  That train station is seriously awesome.  I believe it is the one that does International rail services (like EuroStar to Paris and whatnot).  Which would actually explain why it's so nice.  Then, Katelin and I got our train to Edinburgh.  We actually got to sit together even thought the train was fully reserved.  There was a really nice lady sitting next to me that offered to move so we could sit together.  It was really nice of her.

It was also one of the nicest train rides I've ever been on.  It was quiet and had lots of leg room.  I pretty much passed out the second we left London.  It was a nice 5 hours.  Then, we got a train back into Stirling.  The first thing Katelin and I did when we got back onto campus was to take deep breadths of the wonderfully clean air of Scotland.  London's air was just smoggy and dusty and gross.  I missed my fresh Scottish air.

Overall, my weekend was awesome! London was great to see and I'm still in shock that we were on TV.  Also, being in London for the Royal Wedding is something that I will never forget.  Now, it's off to bed for me.  I have one class tomorrow, but for the most part, it's going to be a recovery day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment