Friday, May 27, 2011

First Day of Summer

Hello! Today was a wonderfully relaxed day for me.  I got up and just kind of lazed around until the afternoon when Grace and I went into town.  I bought the last of my souvenirs (at least the ones on my list of people to buy for.  If anything else strikes my fancy, I still may end up with it) and went to Tesco.  Then, tonight I made dinner. It was a really nice day.  I think it's exactly what I needed after the stress of finals.  Tomorrow, Grace, Katelin, Kristy and I are heading into Edinburgh for a big rugby tournament.  I'm really excited!

So, as my study abroad adventure winds down, I wanted to do something fun in my final blog posts.  I'm going to count down some of my favorite things.  Tonight, the topic is my Top 5 Favorite Castles (this means that ones that I saw in the past 100 some odd days.  Everything is from my study abroad).  I deeply thought about this topic, and came up with my picks...

5.)  Buckingham Palace

Ok, so it's a palace.  Is it technically a castle?  Yes it is.  There is real live breathing royalty that lives in this thing...and it's my blog and I say it's a castle.

4.) Eileen Donan Castle

I saw this over the IFSA Isle of Skye trip.  I wish that we would have had more time at the Eileen Donan because it was so beautiful!

3.) Edinburgh Castle

This was the first sight I saw my first day in Edinburgh and it still amazes me every time I see it.

2.) Urquhart Castle

It sits on Loch Ness, has some cool Scottish history behind it and is gorgeous.  What more could you want?

 1.) Stirling Castle
Is this biased?  Yes, it probably is.  But when I first got to Stirling I kept thinking that eventually I would get used to the idea of seeing a castle every day.  That never really happened.  I still stare at it every time I go into town.

No comments:

Post a Comment