Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Preparing for the Royal Wedding

Hello everyone! Today was another easy day for me.  I didn't have any classes.  I did however get back an essay today (I had to pick it up from the divisional office).  Picking up the essay was an experience in itself.  I went to the office and the door was closed.  In past experiences, if an office door is closed, it's probably not going to be a good situation inside.  But there was a sign on it that said to knock.  This also kind of freaked me out, because perpetually closed office doors aren't a good sign either.  So, after standing in the hallway of Pathfoot for about 5 minutes, I finally built up the courage to walk into what very well could have been one of the seven rings of Hell (this sounds overly dramatic, but just wait).

So, I knock politely and I hear something like a snarl from behind the door which I interpreted that in Hell-ese meant "please come in".  I walk inside and am met by Satan's Secretary herself.  I think this woman may have been the scariest woman ever.  You know how some people never smile? She was one of the those people. Here is how this went.

Me: "Hi! Is this where I can pick up my essay for EUC 9BB?"
SS: "COME IN AND CLOSE THE DOOR!"
Me: "Oh! Sorry about that."
SS: "What's your name?"
Me: "Jennifer Claybaugh"
SS: "What's your student ID number?"
Me: "Um, hold on let me get out my ID card..."
SS: "Don't you know it?"
Me: "Um....[struggling to get out ID]..."
SS: "1...9...."
(my thoughts: Listen lady, I've only been at this school for 3 months.  I don't have my social security number memorized and I've had that for 21 years.)

After I finally get out my ID and tell her my number, she kind of throws my essay at me after looking at my grade (of which she gave a shocked expression, thank you very much). And turned her back on me.  The only thing that made me feel a little better than scum walking out of that office, was to see that I got a 2A (which translates to an A- in American lingo).  I'm guessing she was shocked that I did so well.  Ha ha Satan's Secretary, ha ha.

Then, I had my interview to become an International Orientation guide later this afternoon.  It went good.  My only issue was that there were people playing soccer right outside my room (like literally right out side my window.  I looked outside and someone was standing right there.  If my window was open, I could have reached out and touched him).  And he was no David Beckham either.  He kept missing the ball, so every time it hit my wall, it sounded like a gun shot.  The lady who interviewed me probably thought that I was living in the hard core ghetto.  Hopefully she couldn't hear too much of it over Skype.

Tomorrow I leave to go to London for the Royal Wedding.  I'm sure it's going to be a good time! I won't get back until Sunday, so this will be my last blog post until then.  So, in honor of the Royal Wedding, I will leave you with my top picks of who I want to see this weekend!

(I managed to narrow it down to 3 key people.)

1.  The Queen of England.


2.  Prince William and Kate Middleton (I mean, it is their wedding). 


1. Sir Elton John (why is he number 1 above the Royal Couple you may ask?  Well, I mean it's Elton John.)


No comments:

Post a Comment