Sunday, April 17, 2011

Departing Skye

Hello! Now I am finally caught up on blog posts to today. This morning, we got up and went to breakfast.  I was kind of irritated because there were waffles, but some EKs cut in line to get them before we could reach them.  It was kind of sad.  Then, came the mother of all bad news.  Us Stirling kids were all sitting together at breakfast, when one of the IFSA reps came up to us and said "make sure you put your bags on bus Edinburgh 1 because you're going to ride back with them".  We all just stared at her.  We were not happy.  We got to ride our usual bus until we were about an hour away from Stirling, but I'll get to the fun part of that journey later.

We began our journey back by stopping at the Eilean Donan Castle.  I have been wanting to see this castle since arriving in Scotland and was super excited.  This is really what I came on this trip to see. The Eilean Donan Castle is the most photographed castle in the UK and one of the best well-known and it did not disappoint me.

Here is the castle.  I really loved it.


Here are the wonderful members of my IFSA Butler group.  I would just like to give a shout out to them for not being like the EKs.  I have a whole new appreciation for how amazing they are.

After the castle, we got back on the road and headed to Fort Augustus and Loch Ness.  I must say that I'm glad that my parents and I did the Loch Ness thing ourselves, because we saw a better part of it.  The part of Loch Ness that we saw wasn't very exciting.  There were no Nessie statues.  Fort Augustus was a cute town, but we had the same food issue for lunch that happened in Portree yesterday (as in I had peanuts, a popsicle, and a chocolate muffin for lunch today).  

Here is Fort Augustus.

Then, we got back on the road towards Stirling.  Andy's taste in music improved on this part of the trip. She played some good 80s songs and some Savage Garden that us Stirling-ers jammed out to.  We were really trying to enjoy our time on this bus before we were forced to switch.  We stopped briefly at Glencoe.  

This is where one of the clans on the island used to lice.  It was a really nice area.

Then we relaxed until we got to Tyndrum where we were forced to join the EKs.  

Here's a pretty picture before the story turns tragic. 

So, we get on the the EK's bus and manage to find seats together that weren't taken.  Let me just say, their bus smelled bad.  We didn't want to be on it, but we knew we would get back to Stirling faster if we did.  We sucked it up and got on the bus. Then, the EKs showed up.  Here is what happened.

(Note: this girl was standing 2 rows ahead of all of us Stirling Kids.)
EK girl: "Did everybody hear that we have to drop off the Stirling kids on our way pack.  This is so unfair.  It's so far out of our way. We are going to get back so much later than everybody else and I have things to do.  I just don't get why we have to do it.  I mean Glasgow is only 50 miles away from Stirling.  They could just wait to get back.  Maybe I should just get on the other Edinburgh bus."

(Agreement noises from the surrounding EKs)
(All of us Stirling Kids just staring at her with our mouths hanging open.)

EK girl: "This is so stupid.  Why do we have to do it. And now the other Edinburgh bus has left and I'm stuck here."

(There were people behind us that were saying similar things too, but this girl was really just the epitome of how the EKs act.)

Ok, now do you see why we don't like them? And just to clarify this, there is a highway that runs directly from Stirling to Edinburgh that they had to take anyways.  The other Edinburgh bus was in front of us the entire time. Then, to make matters worse, when we got to Stirling, every single EK turned and stared at us as we got off the bus.  I just really don't like them.  I think that all of the EKs think that we didn't get in to Edinburgh so we just ended up at Stirling and that's pretty much how they treat us.  

Overall, Skye was beautiful.  I would love to go back (maybe with Lauren whenever she comes) but this time I just want the EKs to stay in Edinburgh.


No comments:

Post a Comment