Friday, April 8, 2011

The Sun is Shining on Scotland

Hello everyone! As you could probably guess from the title of this post, it was a lovely, sunny day in Scotland.  So sunny in fact, that I broke out my Primark 1 pound sunglasses and I got a little bit sunburned.  It was a great day.  I had one class this morning (my EUC class).  Mystery Woman was actually really helpful today.  She pretty much told my class exactly what to write for 1 of our 2 final essay questions.  Now, if only the professor for the last movie could be so helpful, that would make my life a lot easier.

After class today, Katelin, Grace and I headed into Bridge of Allan.  We walked around a park where all of the trees were flowering.  It was really pretty.

Here is the park.

And more of the park.

During our walk in town, we saw people eating ice cream. Considering our obsession with food and our talent for finding it, we found the ice cream shop within 5 minutes.  It was the best ice cream ever! It was a really good price and you could taste that it was high quality.

Here is my 2 scoop cone of Mocha Coffee and Mint Chocolate Chip. (I'll be honest, the cone, how it has two separate holders, really fascinated me.)

Here I am with my Primark sunglasses chowing down on my ice cream.  We found a nice park to sit and eat in.

After eating our ice cream, we made our way to KFC.  I know this sounds like a tacky American thing to do.  You know, be in a foreign country and go out of your way to find an American restaurant, but we just needed a taste of America (and American grease).

On our way into town, I finally (I say finally, because the bridge I took this from has lots of traffic and we never walk on it.) got a good picture of the William Wallace Bridge.

I would just like to say, that KFC was totally worth it and it was a hopping place to be on a Friday night.  All of the surrounding area was at KFC tonight.  And it was a pretty classy looking KFC. I must say it was very exciting.  I think we sat and just people watched for over an hour.  (The area that we were in, was still too nice to be classified as "the hood" but judging by some of the clientele we think we were getting pretty close.  However, even in Stirling's Almost Hood, I still felt safer than in the classiest parts of Glasgow.  True Fact.)  

After dinner, we went back to campus and made plans to go into Edinburgh tomorrow to go shopping.  It's supposed to be another beautiful day tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment