Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another famous Scot

Hello everyone! Today was a very uneventful day for me.  I just did research for my essays and wrote my essays and that was pretty much it.  I did go into town to go to Tesco today and then met up with my friends for dinner to catch up and talk about our Spring Breaks.  Then, I just worked.  But, considering I'm going to be up at 1:45 am to watch the Butler vs. UConn game, I guess I still have some time left before Tuesday.  So, I'm really not too worried.  (By the way, the game last night was great! I was really happy to not have a nail biter (even though those can be fun) ending for once.)  Tomorrow, I have 2 classes and more of my essays to write/finish.  It should pretty much be a standard day for me.

 So, with that being said, I decided I would blog about another famous Scot tonight. First, I'm not telling you anything until you watch this clip (which I know is kind of pointless since you can just scroll down the page, but just play along).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qEXblN4Jt0

That's right, James Bond (aka Sean Connery) is Scottish.  While, he doesn't sport his accent in any of the Bond movies, he does have one. (Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mla87LmLSV8&feature=related It's kind of a light accent but it's there.)  His full name is Thomas Sean Connery and he was born in Edinburgh (fun fact: his grandparents were both Gaelic speaking Scottish people from the highlands...this makes him very Scottish).  Other than James Bond, Mr. Bond, I mean Connery, has been in a lot of other movies, but let's be honest, Bond was the most important/notable role.  He has been called the most famous living Scot of all time and has won many different awards including various Oscars.

Here he is as he looks today.  I'm sure this man has a kilt hanging somewhere in his closet. 

See, I told you he would have a kilt (after I wrote that last statement, I decided to see if I could in fact find a picture of him in a kilt.  And what do you know, Google can find anything).

No comments:

Post a Comment