Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weird Happenings of Last Night

Hello everyone! Today was a pretty uneventful day for me.  I didn't have any classes, so I pretty much just read up on my UK local government.  It was a leisurely day.  I don't really have anything exciting to add to that.  It rained today.  So, it was the prefect stay-inside-and-study weather.  And, I feel like I'm finally understanding Scottish government. Tomorrow I have 2 classes and I'll be packing for my next IFSA trip to the Isle of Skye (which I'll talk more about in tomorrow's post).  I leave at 8:00 in the morning on Friday.  That part is not so much fun, but it's supposed to be a beautiful place.

So, I would just like to say there is a lot of action that goes on around here at 4:00 in the morning.  On Sunday night, someone was throwing things upstairs and yelling.  Singing occurs on a nightly basis.  And someone with a love for Justin Timberlake likes to blast various Justin songs at 2:00 am.  Also, people play soccer (or football) at all times of the night right outside my window.  I swear the Scots never sleep.  Well, I have gotten used to most of this.  It's just something that happens, but last night, I experienced something new.

Promptly at 4:30 this morning I heard our flat's buzzer going off.  Outside every staircase (or block of flats), there is a little box where you can push a button and "buzz" (because it makes a really annoying buzzing sound) someone's flat.  It's really loud and obnoxious, but it serves the purpose of telling you someone is at the staircase door and can't get in.  Useful if you are expecting someone, not so much at 4:30 in the morning. (We also have a phone that you can talk to the people outside with.  People who don't have lives like to scream at people through said phone to scare them when they walk past.)  So, it wakes me up and I just lay there.  Obviously, I know that this is nobody that I know. This girl kept buzzing us for a half in hour.  She wouldn't give up.  I think she must have been pressing everyone's buzzer button, because eventually someone let her in (or she was really drunk and discovered that the door wasn't locked.  It could really be either one).  Then, she proceeded to go upstairs to the flat above mine and pound on their door.  That's when she began to scream.  This went on forever.  Then, it just stopped.  I don't know if she left, passed out, was let inside, and to be honest I really don't care.  This is why flat buzzers are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment