Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weather

Hello everyone! Today was a pretty average day for me.  I had 2 classes today (my first class today was cancelled for some reason).  Well, when I walked out of my door this morning I noticed that it was wet.  This is pretty standard here in Scotland.  What made it interesting was the wind.  Here is the bad thing about wind.  When it is raining and it's windy, you can't use an umbrella, all you can do is suffer.  So, suffer is what I did.  I have never seen rain and wind like this before without having a tornado warning.  The wind was coming in from all directions and this made the rain come in horizontally (I was seriously almost blown off the bridge).  By the time I got in to the building, half of my body was dry, the other half was wet (like water dripping of my face, drenched hair wet).  It was crazy.

I went to class looking really awkward being half wet/half dry.  It was pretty interesting.  We did a press conference about Quangos.  Being a PR major I was pretty excited for this.  I like a good press conference.  These seminars are proving to be a lot of fun.

Then, I went to the library for a little while before heading to my next class.  PMA lectures are always really interesting to me (I think this is because I know absolutely nothing about the UK government. So, it doesn't take a whole lot to hold my attention.)  Today, we talked about Parliament.  I didn't realized that Lords here still have pretty significant power within the government.  Also, I learned that nobody but Americans are fascinated with the Queen (as my professor pointed out, Americans are always really excited about the Queen).  And well, I still find the Queen pretty exciting.

As I was walking out of the building to go back to my flat, I realized something strange; it was sunny (like blue skies sunny).  Welcome to Scotland where it can be pelting hail, the wind can be blowing sideways and it can be sunny all within a few hours time span.  Now, it's raining once again.  What can I say, this weather is ridiculous.  I did have a fun experience of buying a sweatshirt today! I now feel really legit with my Stirling University sweatshirt.

Tomorrow I have one class and then I'm free the rest of the day!  I'll probably end up writing essays (oh what fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment