Friday, March 25, 2011

From the Sweet Sixteen to the Elite Eight

Hello! Well, my night yesterday (or early this morning. It all depends on how you look at it.) was a lot of fun.  The Butler vs. Wisconsin game began at 2:15 a.m. my name.  Needless to say, keeping myself awake until then was a little bit of a challenge.  But I was determined, no matter how tired I was, to make it through the game.  So, after trying many tactics (including studying, watching videos online, eating Ramen, and making lists of things to pack over Spring Break) the time finally approached to meet up with my friends to watch the game.  One of my friends here, Katelin, goes to Butler too, so we talked the rest of our friends into watching the game with us.  It was a great game.  Yes, I felt like I was sleepwalking, but the game was great! Totally worth staying up until 5:00 a.m. to watch them win (I'm just saying, I probably would not be so ok with staying up until 5:00 a.m. if they lost.).

Here are Katelin and me showing out Butler pride. You can tell we look kind of tired.

This is a lovely picture taken by Dana of us realizing that we made it to the Elite Eight.

At about 5:00 a.m. I finally made my way to bed.  I got some good hours of sleep before getting up to go to my EUC lecture.  This class was interesting today (mainly because I was somehow miraculously coherent during it).  First, I had a new professor today.  She was a woman (this may seem like a simple fact, but I pondered this throughout a good portion of the lecture).  She also had a weird accent that I guess was Czech (again, another mystery.  I deduced that she was Czech since we're currently studying a Czech film.)  Mystery Woman was ok.  After making my super intense timeline about Czechoslovakia, her lecture of Czech history just wasn't that exciting.  I felt pretty awesome that I knew exactly what events she was talking about though (I patted myself on the back for that one).  

After class today, I met my friends for lunch.  It was our last group meal together before Spring Break (they're going to Italy over break and I'm touring around Scotland with my parents who are currently traveling to Edinburgh).  Then, I went back and took a nap before working some on my essays.  Tonight, we order pizza and I came back to my room to pack.  

Tomorrow I'm meeting my parents at the Edinburgh Airport! (I'm taking a train into Edinburgh and then a bus to the airport tomorrow morning.)  I'm really excited to see them and show them around Stirling tomorrow! I'm sure they'll be exhausted, but we have a lot planned.  I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment