Sunday, March 6, 2011

Goodbye Camp Hellhole, Hello Home Sweet Stirling

Hello everyone! This is the last post of my weekend and it feels good to finally be caught up.  Finally, I can get back on track with my blogging until at least Spring Break.  Today, I got up and packed my stuff before breakfast.  I went down for breakfast (I was of course last in line again), ate, then got on a bus for Stirling and said Goodbye to Camp Hellhole! (After a tearful goodbye with the Little Man of course.)

On the way back we stopped at Loch Lomond for a photo-op.  Everyone is probably familiar with Loch Lomond whether you know it or not.  Here is the Loch Lomond song.  (Note: I thought this was really cool, until my Dad told me that it's about dead soldiers.  It kind of took the fun out of the song for me.) It's called The Bonnie (which means beautiful) Banks of Loch Lomond.

By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond
Where me and my true love will ne-er meet again 
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o’ Loch Lomon'.
Chorus:
O ye’ll tak’ the high road, and I'll tak' the low road
And I’ll be in Scotland afore ye
For me and my true love will ne-er meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o’ Loch Lomon'.
‘Twas there that we parted in yon shady glen
On the steep, steep sides o’ Ben Lomon'
Where in (soft) purple hue, the hielan hills we view
And the moon comin’ out in the gloamin’.
Chorus
The wee birdies sing and the wild flowers spring
And in sunshine the waters are sleeping
But the broken heart, it kens nae second spring again
Tho’ the waeful may cease frae their greetin'. (alternate: Tho' the world knows not how we are grieving)

Here's the YouTube link in case you want to listen to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uZ-p-tN8Gs

The Loch was really pretty! I took lots of pictures of it.
Here we are at Loch Lomond.

Here is another picture of the Loch.

After our short stop, we got back on the bus and headed to Glasgow to drop off the Glasgow students before heading to Stirling.  I was really excited to be back.  I have never been so happy to see my cell of a room as I have been today.  I appreciate it in so many new ways.  It was also nice to be back in Stirling.  

We went to put our bags down, then headed for the bus stop to go get food (we got back right around lunch time).  We went to the Filling Station (we had breakfast there the first Sunday we were in Stirling) and it was just as good for lunch.  I had macaroni and cheese and garlic bread.  It was the best stuff I had tasted in a while.  It was just nice to be away from all the crazies at Camp Hellhole and back in the peace and quiet of Stirling.

Then, we headed to Tesco to pick up some food before going back to campus.  I had a nice long shower (I appreciate it a lot more now too.) then I made lasagna for dinner.  One of my friend's (Dana) had some of her friends from the US visiting, so it was nice to meet them.  Then, I went into my room and started blogging.  I have to say it is really nice to be back.  Tomorrow I have classes and then I'm braving doing laundry (honestly, I need to after this weekend). 





No comments:

Post a Comment