Friday, March 18, 2011

Class and Motion Sensored Lighting

Hello! Today I had one class and then studied the rest of the day.  It was a pretty boring day.  I did, on one hand, actually get sleep last night.  There were no fire alarms to awaken me at 4:00 in morning.  Hopefully I'll have the same luck tonight.  I went to my EUC lecture this morning.  It was actually pretty well attended, but then again film kids are all so "passionate about their craft" that they probably wouldn't dare miss a class.  It was ok.  It was my last lecture before my presentation on Monday (which is sure to be interesting).

After class, I went to the library to find books about the movie I'm doing my presentation over.  Here is something that amazes me.  Everything that I read about this movie acts like it is the best movie ever made. (It did win an Oscar for best foreign film in 1966, so the Academy liked it too.  But, I highly doubt that Oprah (who is on the Academy currently) would like.)  Every single book talks about how revolutionary this movie.  I just don't see it.  But I'm going to pretend like I do for my presentation (like I said, this should be interesting).

Tonight, we met for dinner then found an empty classroom to study in for a while.  It had really weird light sensors.  They were motion sensored, so if you sit in one place for too long, they turn off.  This was extremely annoying, but I guess it's part of Stirling's "green initiative".  Actually, Scotland in general is pretty "green".  Every plug has a switch next to it to turn on the flow of electricity and they're really big on recycling.  You know, that's really great and all, but I would appreciate if they would do away with motion sensored lighting.

Tomorrow, I plan on working on essays and going into town later.  We're planning on getting fish and chips for dinner. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment