Monday, March 21, 2011

My Presentation and the Discovery of UK Mac and Cheese

Hello everyone! I had an extremely productive day today. First off, I had my presentation this morning.  It went great (sigh of relief)! I was mainly really nervous because this movie honestly made minimal sense to me and also you know the fact that I'm American (and the Scottish do very different presentations than Americans).  Well, I'm happy to report that my presentation was a hit.  I'll be honest, I felt a whole lot better about my presentation when the kid who did his presentation before mine only described what happened in his movie clip (the Scottish really need to learn some good old American presentation skills).  At least I did real live research (I'm sure there was a history class studying Czechoslovakia who was not very happy with me considering I checked out every book from the library.) The Phd student seemed happy with it. I got a "great job" from her which she hasn't given anybody else yet and a "I really don't have anything else to add to that" (needless to say, there was a smile on my face).  Plus, I'm still really proud of my history of Czechoslovakia in World War II timeline.  Just one thing to mark off my list of things to do before Spring Break (EUC presentation- check).

After my class, I went back to my room and finished my LEI essay that's due tomorrow, before going to my LEI class. Snape didn't lecture today, we had somebody new.  She is one of the sports studies professors on campus (because we had a lecture on if sport is a part of leisure).  The only way I can describe this woman is that she reminded me of my middle school PE teacher right down to the manly clothes and cropped haircut. (Honestly, when she walked into the lecture hall I had flashbacks to middle school gym class accompanied by the soundtrack of Psycho.)  She was really nice and very enthusiastic, but I just have bad memories.  Her lecture was pretty good, I just don't really have an interest in sports (unless it's Butler Basketball of course...which while we're on the topic, why does that game on Thursday have to be at 9:55 (eastern time)?  That is 2 am my time...and yet my friend Katelin and I have convinced ourselves that it's our duty to Butler to watch it.  We'll see if it happens).  But she actually had clips and activities and things, which makes PE teacher's lecture number 2 (right after Elton's) on the list of least painful 2 hour LEI lectures.

After class, I went back to my room and edited my essay before going to the library and printing it off.  Then, I took it to turn it in.  I swear turning in essays here is the sketchiest thing ever.  I had to put my essay is this little slot in the wall by the marketing office. I probably wouldn't have put it in there, except it said "turn in LEI essays here" on a sheet of paper right next to the slot, so I determined it was ok (Turn in LEI essay- check).

I made a discovery today.  Kraft Macaroni and Cheese does exist here, but it does not sing "the blue box blues".  The box is red...that should honestly be a sin. Kraft Mac and Cheese is supposed to come in a blue box! And it's not even a nice looking red box; it's ugly. I would like to know that marketing strategy behind making the box red in the UK instead of blue.  I'm still not really convinced it's the American Kraft (because no other Kraft products are sold over here).  It's just ridiculous.

Here is the Kraft box. It didn't taste right either (we had it for dinner). This might be the most disappointing discovery since I arrived in Scotland (which I guess means I'm doing pretty good, but honestly it was really disappointing). 

Tomorrow I have 2 classes and then it's back to the books for me.  I need to pump out 2 more essays (I have both essays due on the Tuesday after Spring Break and obviously I don't want to have to worry about those while my parents are here) before Spring Break.  

1 comment:

  1. This is a great read! Writing a dissertation paper can be very frustrating. Explore this useful site to find out more on their dissertation writing services. Check it out now!

    ReplyDelete