Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Trek Through the Woods

Hello everyone! I thought that I had a class this morning, but upon further examination of they syllabus I discovered that I only have that class once sometime in April.  So, I didn't have classes today.  What did I do with my free time?  I studied. (I know I'm boring, but I really needed some bonding time with my UK government book.)  Later though today, I went exploring on campus.  We found some awesome spots on campus and I have some pictures to share too.

First, we went to the castle on campus.  It's actually used as classrooms for the Law students and offices, but it was still pretty cool.  We looked around inside, but there really wasn't much to see.

Here is the castle.  It's actually close to the campus golf course and only a 5 minute walk from my flat.

Then, we were going to head to the gardens, but we got distracted and found a trail that led into the woods. We walked on that trail for a while and ended up in the hills just behind campus looking out over campus, the William Wallace monument and Stirling Castle.  It was really pretty (and muddy. I was sliding all over the place.  I think I will appreciate that trail in the woods more whenever it is dry.).  It rained for most of our walk, but the sun actually came out while we were still up on the trail taking pictures.

This is a picture that I took on that trail. You can see the campus buildings and the loch that separates campus.  The tower in the distance is the William Wallace Monument (better known as Braveheart) which we haven't visited yet, but will when the weather gets nicer.

This is a picture of Stirling from that trail.  You can see Stirling Castle up on the hill with the town down 
below it. 

After admiring the view, we headed down the trail.  We had heard that there were horse stables on campus, and on our way out of the woods we found them.  We went up to fence to get a better look at the horses, and they came over to us (probably because they thought we had food). 

It tried to eat my purse. 

After our walk in the woods, we decided to walk to Bridge of Allan (a small town that's about 15 minutes away from campus) since we were already about half way there.  Once we got into town, we headed to the bakery and got donuts (my love of Scottish pastry continues).  We walked down to the river and ate them before getting a bus back to campus.

This is a picture that I took of a pharmacy in Bridge of Allan.  I just think it's funny because my Dad's name is Lloyd and he's a pharmacist.  There's a lot of Lloyd chains here. 


This is a picture of the loch on campus taken from the bridge. It was actually sunny, so I thought I would take a picture to put up on my blog.

Tomorrow, I have a meeting for the volunteering thing that I signed up for.  I think that it should be interesting! (At the very least I get coffee out of it.)




No comments:

Post a Comment