Friday, February 25, 2011

Train to Ulverston

Hello everyone!  First, sorry about not posting last night.  Stirling's internet wasn't working campus wide and it was really annoying.  But anyways, today I had one class, then got a train and am now in Ulverston, England.  My class this morning was honestly really boring.  My professor for the movie we're currently watching is a little Italian man. (When I say Italian, I mean he should be eating pasta and painting frescos.) Basically, he didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know (thank you Dr. Waite). 

Later, I got a bus to the Stirling train station and headed to Edinburgh to get my connecting train to Penrith station.  The first train was good.  There weren't a lot of people on it.  We got into one of the Edinburgh stations and had to change trains.  This is when the real fun began (I mean that sarcastically, kind of.).  We got on the train to come to Penrith to meet our host families.  That train was packed.  We were supposed to have reserved seating, but (lucky us) they overbooked the train due to technical difficulties and we had to stand.  About 15 minutes into the train ride, we decided to sit down in the little area where people get on and off the train.  It really wasn't that bad, but it was kind of annoying.

When we got into Penrith, we met 2 of the host families, (mine was running a little late) and we went to McDonalds (one of the nicest McDonalds that I have ever been to) to get tea and coffee.  Then, me and 2 of my IFSA friends who are also staying with me, met our host family.  Their names are Jan and Andy and they are really nice.  Ulverston is about and hour away from Penrith, so we made the  drive to their house.  It was really foggy, but nobody driving seemed to notice.  I'm in the Lake District of England, but I haven't been able to see anything because well it's foggy and dark. 

When we got to Jan and Andy's house (which is this really nice house in the middle of town), we ate pizza and talked for a while.  Now, I'm going to go take a bath in the nicest bathroom I've seen since being home.  I mean there is a tub and everything!

Tomorrow, we're going to tour around Ulverston a little.  Also, we're planning on going to Lancaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment