Saturday, June 4, 2011

Last Day in Scotland

Hello everyone! Today was my last day in Scotland.  We got a bus from campus early after doing the final packing up of our rooms and checking out.  Then we dragged all of our luggage all the way to the bus stop and got our bus to Edinburgh.  Luckily, the bus actually stopped right at the Marriott so we didn't have to take any extra buses.  We checked into our rooms, and then head to the Executive Lounge.  We somehow managed to make breakfast which was wonderful.  Then, we took a nap and headed into Edinburgh for some final shopping.  Now, we are just hanging out in the hotel and enjoying our last few hours in Scotland.  Tomorrow, we're leaving for the airport at 6:45 and I get into Louisville at 6:00.  I'm excited to come home, but leaving is already really sad.  But, before I get too emotional, let's move on to other orders of business.

Now, I have my Top 10 (I know, I'm switching it up) of my study abroad.  These are all equally as awesome so, I'm not going to rank them in number order.  But, there are 10 of them.

** The Ceilidh

** Singing karaoke in Barry

** Climbing Dumyat

** Climbing the William Wallace Monument

** Stockholm (even with Katelin constantly telling me to leave her homeland because I was tainting it with my brunette-ness.)

** Loch Ness boat tour/Urquhart Castle

** Homestay (Are you as surprised at this one as I am?  I was dreading this and it turned out to be a great experience.)

** Watching the Royal Wedding in Hyde Park

** Rugby

** Family dinners

As part of my last blog from Scotland, I wanted to say a few things and make an announcement.  First of all, I have enjoyed blogging so much this semester and I am so excited that I have this blog with all of my memories in it, that I have decided to continue blogging once I get home (mainly to remember my summer and my senior year at Butler).  I'm going to create a new a blog (the address will be in my last blog post which I will write from home) and it will be up and running this summer.  Now, I probably won't write everyday like I did for this one, but I plan on doing it at least every week if not more often than that.  So, be prepared.  You thought this was the end of my blogging?  Well, you thought wrong.  Now, for the sentimental part of my blog (you may need some tissues ready for this one...).

To my family and friends back home:

Thanks for following my blog for all these past months.  I hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.  I'm happy that you could follow me in this journey and that I have something to look back on once I'm home to remember everything that happened.  I enjoyed being able to share all of this with you and I can't wait to get home and hear what you have to say about my adventures, talk with you face to face and give you your souvenirs! Thanks and I will be seeing you soon.

To Katelin, Grace, Kristy, and Dana:

First of all, I just want you to know that I was prepared to come abroad and hate everyone in my study abroad group and have no friends.  So, the fact that I made such good ones still boggles my mind even though it's our last night in Scotland.  Thanks for being such great friends.  This semester wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you. I'm lucky that I came abroad and managed to make great friends.  Thanks for putting up with my Frodo-ing, eating my cheddar garlic biscuits, enjoying my Jennifer-isms and making such great memories with me.  So, before I get too emotional, I was on Stumpleupon (seriously, the best website ever) and came across this quote (who said this? I don't remember. But that isn't important) that I want to leave you with.  "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a piece of each other everywhere."  Have great senior years and expect daily texts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment