Friday, June 3, 2011

Final Day in Stirling

Hello everyone!  Today was my last full day in Stirling.  Tomorrow at 9:00 I am moving out of my room and at 9:30 I will be on a bus to Edinburgh, staying the night and then leaving Scotland on Sunday morning.  So, today was dedicated to packing.  It was also the hottest day in Scotland so far (it was about 78) and I was burning up.  I don't think this bodes well for coming back to 90 + temps.  But, I'll deal with that when it happens.  It's supposed to be back down to a lovely 56 tomorrow.  So, I'll have 1 last day of perfect temperatures before coming back to the sticky heat of Evansville.  But anyways, as I said, I spent most of my day packing.  I'll be honest, it was really depressing.  And I have a lot of stuff (think 1 carry on suitcase, a bag (with my computer in it), a large suitcase and a duffel bag).  It took most of the day.

For dinner, all of my IFSA friends and I went into town one last time and got fired pizza for dinner.  We hiked up to the lawns of the castle and ate our pizza looking out over Stirling.  It was beautiful.

Here's my pizza.

And the view.

We ate and sat up there for a long time.  It was a perfect day.  There were no clouds in the sky and everything just looked perfect.  There were lots of people up at the castle for some reason.

Like this guy.

But it was really nice.  Now your just going to have to enjoy some of my view pictures.

Picture number 1.

Picture number 2.

I'll be honest, it started to get pretty emotional, but then a seagull swooped down and started pecking at Kristy's fired pizza box and Katelin ran after it yelling "hey, that isn't yours".  Then it calmed down again.  And it tore us away from the view.  So, we took a trail that goes around the back part of the castle to various other areas.

Here's the seagull. 

Grace led us to a pretty area where you could overlook Stirling, the Wallace Monument and the castle.  Then, we sat and enjoyed that for a while.

More pictures of the view.

The castle.

More view.

Then, we proceeded to walk around the main town of Stirling and take lots of awkward pictures of the main areas that we went to during our study abroad (I'll post these at a later date) and looked like big tourists.  From there, we headed to Tesco one last time and on to our tree and bench by the William Wallace Bridge.

The bridge and castle in the background.

The bridge from our bench.

Eventually, we came back to campus.  Then, I finished packing and getting ready for tomorrow.  Today was a great day.  It was a wonderful last day in Stirling.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  Tomorrow we leave for Edinburgh.  We plan to do some shopping on the Royal Mile for a while and then just heading back to the hotel (thanks Dad and Mom.  Just a side note: IFSA totally left us stranded.  We don't fly out until the 5th but our room contracts end the 4th at 9:30am.  So, if it weren't for my parents, we would be left with no place to stay).  It should be a good, but melancholy day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment